Friday, January 25, 2019

Melynn goes to BYU Hawaii!

After only one day at home to unpack and repack, Melynn and I hopped on a 
plane for Hawaii.  This time my girl was going to college to her first choice school, 
BYU-Hawaii!
Beautiful view from the plane 
After we landed, we went to Kathryn's to stay the night. 
It will be great to have her and Garrett close by to keep an eye on Melynn. 
The next morning we were off to orientation.
We ran into Mitch and Moia Layne! These are expat friends of ours when we lived in Sweden
and their father was working for the U.S. Embassy.
Melynn's dorm room. The 5 flags represent all the countries she has lived in....so far!


On Saturday Kathryn met up with us and took us on a hike (Pillbox hike) in Kailua. 





After the hike we spent a little time at the beach so Copper could run around.
After church on Sunday we strolled around the temple grounds to get some pictures.
What a beautiful place! 




I had to make sure to get a few shots of the campus.
"Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve"
There are just under 3000 students that attend here and about 70 countries are represented.

Melynn's dorm building
Saying goodbye to Melynn was actually not as hard as you would have thought.
This is now the 3rd time that I have said goodbye to her and not see her for several months.

It also makes it easy knowing that she will be in a good place where she can
have fun, get a good education and keep her standards high. I know that she will do great things here and I look forward to hearing about her newest adventures in Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment