We have now been in Malaysia for over 10 weeks. It has been busy around here just learning our way around, getting adjusted to our new environment, new school, new friends, new responsibilities... I don't even know where to begin as I start to tell our tale of life in Asia.
Let's start with this photo...
First day of School at Dalat International School in Penang, Malaysia
When we first arrived, it was very late on a Saturday night. We still did not have the keys to our new place so we stayed in a hotel that first night. The following day we were able to do the "walk through" with our agent and then began the task of unpacking everything we could possible bring with us on our flight. We quickly realized there were no sheets or pillows for our beds so we drove to the mall to make our purchases. Needless to say, it was a hustle and bustle time...school was starting in 3 days and they still had to get their uniforms, go to orientation, testing, etc... plus the big task of getting used to our new time zone and settling in.
So this post is dedicated to my 3 youngest kids because as I sit here at my typewriter, with tears forming, I am thinking of the huge sacrifice that they are making by being here and the strength and courage that they are showing because I know that behind those smiles in this photo they are very nervous and scared and are hoping that this new experience will be just as rewarding as the one they left behind in dear, beautiful, wonderful Stockholm.
No comments:
Post a Comment