When I first came here I was a different person... scared, nervous, lonely, irritated by my unfamiliar surroundings and frustrated by my lack of knowledge just trying to maneuver around the grocery store. For the first month or two I really missed home! Now that 2 1/2 years have gone by I am amazed at how different I feel and I know that Aaron and the kids feel the exact same way as I do. We love Sweden!!!
I have loved...
drinking the amazing clean water that comes out of the tap in the kitchen!
trying all the yummy candies, chokladbollar, kanelbullar, pear soda and maribou candy bars!
roundabouts!
that almost everyone in Sweden knows english!
the colorful flower shops that are everywhere!
that the people of Sweden love their outdoors!
that the people of all ages love to exercise!
the scenic running trail just outside my front door!
to look out my window and see deer in my yard!
that my kids can feel safe most anywhere at all given times!
the international school experience!
that you can travel so easily all over Europe!
the wonderful friends I have made!
H&M because it is the only store I can afford!
fika!
that my children can be independent with the subway and train. I am not a taxi driver!
all the unique traditions of Sweden!
being involved with the missionaries!
the inlets of water from the baltic that wrap all around Stockholm!
all 4 of the beautiful seasons!
looking out to the backyard at Mirjam's house
my running trail
deer eating the fallen apples and probably getting drunk off of them :)
H&M, only about a thousand of them within 10 miles!
a flower shop in Gamla Stan
One last thought...For the past several weeks I have, at many times, had to hold back the tears as the realization of leaving Sweden has come to more of a reality. I have given lots of hugs and said many goodbyes to some dear friends. Our last Sunday at church was particularly an emotional one for me as I was able to share my feelings in our monthly testimony meeting. I struggled to get the words out but felt very privileged to share my testimony in Swedish as a token of my love for the Täby ward. But one thought came to my mind through this entire process and that is that I feel so grateful to be sad! It shows that I, and my family, have truly lived here. We have made this a positive experience and Sweden has left a huge impression on us all. These last few years will forever be engrained in our hearts. And as you will hear in Sweden when saying goodbye... Hejdå!



No comments:
Post a Comment