Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Happy Birthday Melynn!


We celebrated Melynn's birthday the night before since the kids and I were headed to Orlando the next day.
We had Melynn's requested dinner of Taco Rice Bowls and then we had a yummy Lemon Pie for dessert.
On Wednesday the 12th, we drove down to Orlando so the kids could use up a couple of days on their Universal passes. We got there in the early afternoon and I just dropped them off at the park. I had a little quiet time to run a few errands and then watch the seminary broadcast in the hotel room. After I picked the kids up we were off to our (now) favorite pizza place, Giordano's!

We love deep dish pizza!
The next day I joined the kids at Universal. Our goal...try out the brand new Harry Potter ride
because today was OPENING DAY!!! We were prepared for standing in the heat so thankfully Jaxon had his bottle of rinsed out hairspray that is now a water mister:)
I can't believe that Melynn will be leaving us very soon for her mission to San Diego.
After spending 15 dollars on cold drinks/water, the staff started handing out free cold water bottles.
We grabbed some ice from one of the bins.
This picture was taken after waiting 3 1/2 hours. No end in sight though!
Puss n Boots was greeting the line of people.
Now we can see the top of Hagrid's ride.
Another greeting
Almost standing inside of Hogwarts




Butterbeer is so good!

It started to rain. We had already put most of our poncho's in a locker.
Thankfully we still had Jaxon's, so we all shared.
Another ride break down, we are sitting down and waiting... and waiting...
This photo was taken right before we FINALLY got on the ride!
I kept asking throughout the day...What's the name of this ride again? ha ha ha
Here it is. Photo taken after we rode it and off to exit the park! We were in line for 13 hours to the minute!!!
Yes, it was one of those crazy things we did. Can't really explain why we chose to do this:)


No comments:

Post a Comment