Everyone was up and wandering about.
Melynn did her chores quick and with care,
A smile on her face and music playing downstairs.
Darby and Jaxon quoted Brian Regan for fun,
While Dad mowed the lawn and got the dishes done.
And mamma did laundry, as Darby cleaned up,
As Jaxon got off the computer for my college apps.
When out in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter,
Over to the stove I flew like a flash.
Mom had made homemade hot chocolate without even a splash.
The clouds dropped their rain in our green yard.
Gave Darby a reason to write Lauren a nice card.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But Melynn making dinner with a good cheer.
Dad got out scriptures so lively and quick
And threw in a line of chimneys and St. Nick.
We did our Seminary and reviewed for next week,
As we read of Christ praying at the mountain peak.
Now practice, now dance, homework and such too,
With friends or whatever, our parents are there for you.
Off to the train stop or out to the mall,
“I love your Mother” said Dad to one and to all.
As dry leaves before the wild hurricane fly,
When Darby at school enthusiastically says ‘hi’.
So up the stairs went Melynn, the flights she flew,
to get Jaxon and his books, hoping he doesn’t forget a shoe.
And then in a twinkling I heard at the table,
Darby serving dessert, with hands quite able.
She gave out ice cream and cookies and sweets of the such,
Please do be generous, you can’t have too much!
They came dressed all nice, clean from head to foot,
Their clothes were all neat as a missionary should.
A great mass of food Mom had made for them all,
As we laughed and we talked and we all had a ball.
Dad’s eyes how they twinkled, his smile how Merry,
While he played with Jaxon, whom he easily could carry.
Melynn brought out candy without making a show,
But shared with us widely cuz we’d want some, she’d know.
Then Jaxon came running, smiling with his teeth,
Said ‘I love You’ and encircled his arms like a wreath.
He quickly ran off to do some other thing,
But he made my day, his simple hugging.
We may speak not a word and go straight to our work,
And be mean and argue and may be a jerk.
And lay in our beds away from it all,
And stay on our phones until we are called.
But if we spring to service, and help others out,
There’ll be no reason in our home to cry and to shout.
So I’d like to say ‘Thank You’ for choosing the right,
I love you all dearly, but for now “Good Night”.
Wow! I love this! You have taught your children well... not just poetically, but to serve each other and with cheerful attitudes! LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteAnd... can I make a request? Will you update my blog for me? Yours is amazing. Up to date, full of what's going on, and also filled with the Spirit. I can feel it as I browse through your entries.
ReplyDeleteKrissy, I LOVE everything about the blog and I'm sorry I haven't taken the time to comment. I sort of feel like my life has just started to reach a pace I can handle. Reading your blog makes me miss you some , but it makes me even happier to know all the things going on in your life. Keep us updated! I feel like I can't ever talk to you in person because of differences in time and our schedules, but reading your blog is wonderful.
ReplyDelete