Let me introduce you to our little city.
This is a Penang.
Not too far down the road from where we live is the wet market. This is a place where you can buy all sorts of fruits and vegetables, pork, chicken, eggs, etc...
photos taken at the wet market
The yummy food I purchased one day at the wet market.
The bugs here can be huge! I once found a cockroach in my laundry room and seriously,
the size was 4 times bigger than any cockroach I have seen in the states.
Shown above is a beetle we saw in the parking garage.
I don't often go to the wet market because I usually just get it at the grocery store when I have to buy other things there anyway. But I ALWAYS buy my pineapples and watermelon from this guy! It is so convenient because I just pull up to the side of the road and he comes to my car. I don't care for the local bananas though, they taste different to the ones I am used to.
The picture above is showing the white car that pulled up along the side.
This is what I do to buy my favorite fruits.
There are lots of people riding scooters around on the island.
It is very common to see a family of 3 and even 4 on one bike.
I have taken my kids to KK Ong for dental cleanings. You can see the store on the corner.
Tesco is huge. It is not my store of choice but I will go once or twice a month.
They have crazy long hours so almost always open.
Straits mini market is my "go to place" for cheese, tortillas and bagels.
The market is in the middle of a neighborhood.
Grumpiez is our very favorite restaurant on the island. I always order the beef chimichanga!
Seeing a 7/11 just makes you feel at home :)
This is what a typical shopping area looks like. The boys go to the barber in this center.
It costs about 4 ringgit which is equivalent to 1 dollar!
The place that is always crowded on nights and weekends is Gurney Plaza and Gurney Paragon. They are two big malls that are next door to each other.



Inside the mall at Gurney Plaza
Georgetown is the hub of the island.
The photos below are just a sample of what the city looks like.
This neighborhood, above, is called Straits Quay. There are single family homes here and a market area and marina. I come to this neighborhood for boot camp and also for shopping.

Georgetown is the hub of the island.
The photos below are just a sample of what the city looks like.


No comments:
Post a Comment