Monday, January 15, 2018

Christmas in Utah 2017

All Jaxon and Melynn really wanted for Christmas was to ski!
Great! My job just got so much easier!!!

We stayed at Karen's house which is just down the road from Snow Basin.
Ashtyn, Wil and Charles were not leaving for Houston until the day after we arrived so we
were able to spend one day with them. Aaron took A&W skiing and
I got to watch Charles...yeah!

Melynn and Jaxon (above)
The ski crew on Friday of our trip.
They had a great day and Charles and I had fun too :)

Saying goodbye to Charles (A&W too)
On Saturday we attended the baptism of Abraham (Ben's youngest son) 
and then Aaron and the kids went skiing with Dave and the boys. 
 Cousin Carter with Melynn (above)
I went with Kristi to meet up with my Aunt Becky and cousin Katie and Cassie. 
We had such a great time reconnecting. We stayed at Cafe Zupas for about 3 hours :)
Aaron and Jaxon went to Music and the spoken Word with Jay on Christmas Eve morning. 
Melynn and I, unfortunately, were not feeling well and had to stay back at Jay's house.

By Christmas Eve night, all of us (except for Jaxon) were sick and so we had to cancel 
our plans that evening with Dave and Kristi and their kids.

On Christmas morning we were able to Skype with Darby!!! Yeah!!!
She looked great and looked so happy!
(I didn't get any photos because I was still sick)
On Tuesday I finally was able to join my family for skiing.

This is what crowded looks like!!! Everyone must have been trying out their 
new equipment they got for Christmas!
 It was so crowded and I felt too inexperienced to try and maneuver around such a big crowd. I only skied for half a day and then rested at Karen's while everyone continued for a few more hours.



All in all, it was a good trip. The kids and Aaron skied a total of 4 days 
and they were so happy to have that time on the slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment