Saturday, July 18, 2020

How we are surviving the Corona Virus!

Well, 2020 has been quite a year! From nearly the beginning, I began to take photos 
of what life has become for us...some things different, some things normal but it is how 
we have spent these last several months.

Sunday services may have been cancelled but it is still alive and well at our house thanks to modern technology. 
I am so thankful that just over a year ago Pres. Nelson announced the new way of learning with
our families at home. It has been a wonderful thing to have during Covid.
General Conference was all online this year.
The conference center in SLC was closed and will be again in the Fall.
A glimpse at Jaxon's weekly white board which helped him stay organized while learning virtually.
Teaching my morning seminary class on Zoom.
At the beginning of the shut down we were really hiding ourselves in the house and it
forced us to relax a bit more and find time for reading. 
Aubrey had to leave SCAD and return back to Houston so her and Karene stayed the night at our house before leaving in the morning for home. I am so thankful that we have a good relationship with the Groesbeck's!
I still got out some Easter decorations just to keep morale up.

I love our neighborhood! Someone arranged to have Chick Fil A come and they had a
huge long line of customers. They ended up coming a few more times but the novelty wore off
especially as things were opening up a bit more in Florida.
Radio Phillips performed for the neighborhood (twice) and it was so enjoyable to sit and listen to our talented
neighbors while kids were riding their bikes around and enjoying being outside.

Another awesome neighbor organized an I SPY game for the kids. So we were instructed to put up certain things in our windows for the kids to find as they went on family walks in the evenings.
Gyms were closed so Aaron and I developed our own routine in the garage. 
Covid is a time to work on talents. Jaxon painted his skateboard.
Jaxon also started making a guitar. He saved a big tree trunk that he and Aaron brought home from a
weekend of doing hurricane cleanup in Tallahassee. The trunk sat in our garage for about a year until the
boys finally started carving it out.
Its really taking shape now!
Just to add to the craziness, we were SUPPOSED to move to California and had our house on the market for a month! We cleaned the house continually and was showing it quite frequently but no takers. Most viewers loved the house but were concerned about the road in the back of our house. Well, I guess it was meant to be because we are staying another year.
Gas prices went way down!
I could look out my bedroom window all day. It is such a soothing sight and I love to sit in the sunny patch that appears in the morning to study my scriptures as I prepare to teach the following day.
This is my favorite spot in the house :)

Aaron did his part in giving blood and he is 0-. I can't because I have low iron.
I took this photo because we went inside to order food for takeout and these tables were labeled
with the different delivery services that would collect the food. 
After ordering our food, we didn't want to go all the way home so we sat on the curb to enjoy our meal.
One of the things I loved doing, in taking advantage of the extra time at home, was to do some spring cleaning!
We brought in old electronics to this place.
going through clothes to give away
cleaning out old craft supplies to give to the neighbor kids so that they
could have something to do while being cooped up.
Extra time at home meant more cooking and baking.
Jaxon made this yummy chocolate cake!!
Let's Bake!
We rediscovered our love for bisquits and frequently it became part of our Sunday dinners
First time trying Calzones :)
no bake cookies

We are getting used to waiting in spaced out lines
Saturday mornings was time for a more vigorous ride.
The new normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment