Aaron was working in California the week right before the holidays so he flew into SLC from Orange County and I flew in from Jacksonville. It worked out well that we landed within a few minutes of each other! We decided to come so that we could see some of our family and especially Melynn since she had to work and could not travel to see us in Florida. Darby and Trevor had already made plans in Southern California but we were glad that we could still spend time with them before they made the drive down.
 |
| Aaron and I made our way to Kneaders to kill some time before meeting up with Darby, Trevor and Melynn for some lunch. It was nice to sit by the fire in the best spot in the restaurant. However, I have to admit that the hot cocoa and cinnamon roll were just okay. |

 |
| I have wanted to see one of these giving machines for myself so we drove into the city so we could participate in this wonderful charitable event. |
 |
| We decided on giving some fresh water and a coat to someone in need. |
 |
| Sunday was the Kendrick Family Christmas party at the Wamsley's. How nice it is of Karen and Jay to often host these family gatherings in their large home. |
 |
| The next day was the 20th which meant that I turned 50 years old! We met up with this group for dinner and then the Neeley's and Aaron and I went to see the movie Spiderman. |
 |
| Tuesday, we helped Melynn get more settled in her new apartment. She has such a great set up. She rents the downstairs of a townhouse which gives her her own bedroom, bathroom and living area. |
 |
| On Wednesday Aaron met up with Billy and his family to ski at Brighton. Melynn was supposed to go but she had a cyst on her back that was hurting and she had to get it drained. She was not able to do these kinds of activities for a little while. |
Aaron and I had planned to fly home (standby) on Christmas morning. However, we were hearing reports of lots of cancelled flights so we decided to leave on Christmas Eve instead. It was a miracle that we even got on both of our flights and were able to get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment