Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Bad Day!

OK....after thinking about it I decided that I needed to publish my feelings about today. Since the purpose of this blog is mainly for my own family and our time and assimilation into Sweden, I think it is fair to be honest that not every day is going to be some wonderful new experience. There are going to be tough days too. Today was one of those days for me. You know how sometimes you can be in a somewhat sad mood and then something big happens and it takes that big thing to release all the other things that you are suppressing? I think that is what it was. Darby somehow, accidentally, spilled nail polish remover onto the table (which is not ours).  The veneer top was completely ruined! I spent a couple of hours just online and using google translate to try and figure out who I could call to try and fix it. Aaron decided to just let the landlord know and have him tell us what to do, either replace it or fix it. We are still waiting on his response. SO....that just put me into a spin...I went into my room and just sobbed it out! I am so frustrated right now because I am not sure where to enroll Darby for dance, not sure where to enroll any of the kids for any activity for that matter, I don't have a car, a cell phone, in a tiny apartment, have nothing to do, don't know what to do, have to pack up to move out this Saturday and I absolutely hate to pack. The one thing that Aaron has learned well from me is that I cannot stand to pack for ANYTHING!!!!!! I have to remind myself that this too will pass.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! It will all work out and you will figure out where to enroll the kids.In 3 years when you move on you will be a pro and look back at these times and think, wow did we really have challenges getting settled, seems like we always figured it out! You are so strong, its okay to have bad days, let it all out and somehow the next day ends up okay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! I remember in NYC with the girls, Aaron packed for your trip and I helped pack you up when we were leaving. We all have our stuff. For example, I would never have nail polish removal around in the first place! lol I should, according to all females, but ugh! Kathryn and Gaby help me be more like a girl I guess. Kristi is right, you will be settled soon. So what excuse do the rest of us have when we have a break down? Although, I think a hysterectomy is the cure to everything! I am so happy right now! I have not had a single migraine or cramps or hardly anything! The kids tease me because I brag about feeling great. Even Christian complained about something and I said "have a hysterectomy, it cures everything". He said " I can't" and I said "that is your problem..." Take care and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Krissy! I wish I were there and could make you go on a really good run. Blogging is great therapy and it's very important to record the good and the bad. When you do have a cell phone we'll get you set up with the app for texting us and we'll keep you in the loop. I find out next month if I make it into Boston. Maybe by then you'll be a little more settled. It will all work out.

    ReplyDelete