Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I finally have a car of my own!


Aaron and I finally had some time to go car shopping. However, we knew we only had about an hour and a half to shop considering that a lot of stores close early on Saturdays. As we left the house Aaron warned me that shopping for a car in Sweden is different than in the states. Just like in other stores in Sweden, if you need help then you need to go and find someone. They don't usually approach you first. 

We first went into a Volkswagen dealership and found two cars that we liked and wanted to inquire about. There were only a couple of people working and they were talking with some other customers. So, we waited and waited and waited. I was really surprised that no other employee magically appeared out of some hidden office like you would experience in the states. I was slowly growing impatient knowing that we were losing daylight and only had a limited amount of time to shop. We decided to leave and quickly found a ford dealership. We walked in and found our way to the used cars and to my wonderful surprise someone actually asked me if we needed help! YEAH!!!! So he took us to the cars that were in our price range and we found this cute little number. it's a 2009 Ford Focus. We pick her up on Thursday!

 We are in the process of picking out a name. We wanted something to go along with Aaron's car....
Mr. Bo Zipher!
Out of curiosity I am going to look into seeing how much it would cost to bring her back to the U.S. so that Darby could drive her when she is 16. She would have to learn to drive a stick shift!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting settled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new car! Name suggestion "Tinkerbell". She looks small, but she works her magic & can carry a load!

    ReplyDelete