Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween :)


Well, what can I say….Halloween is not a recognized Holiday here so you have to put forth the effort yourself to make it somewhat memorable. Fortunately, at SIS, they had a dress up day at school the Friday before Halloween.



I was a loser mom this year and forgot to take a picture of Jaxon before he headed out the door. 
He was dressed up like a video game character. Darby did not dress up.

On Halloween day Melynn had plans to go to a friends house and attempt trick or treating. I knew that Jaxon really wanted to trick or treat as well. My heart ached for him and decided to call a neighbor, who is from the U.K, to see what she was planning on doing. Found out that she was having a bunch of boys over and then they were going to trick or treat! She said Jaxon could join them. I wanted to make sure that the boys had a positive experience so I went around the neighborhood alone, several hours before they would head out, and informed the neighbors that 11 boys would be coming by. I gave the neighbors candy that they could then give to the boys. 


Here are a couple of pictures of Jaxon and the crew. They went to 10 houses! 
Melynn said her attempt was a success as well though nothing like the states where you have so much candy you end up throwing half of it away or trading with friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment