Well, we have survived our first hurricane.
I have to admit. I was pretty freaked out. It is always scary when you really don't know what to expect. It forces you to prepare for the worst. I was concerned about my aunt Joan
because she lives along the water in Palm Coast. I had invited her over and she ended up
bringing a few friends with her. We all got along very well.
Here we are playing Mexican Train.
Thankfully, we had no damage or power outages at my house.

After the hurricane was over, the church assembled groups to go out and help in the neighborhoods. It was a privilege to be part of Mormon Helping Hands.
The picture above reminds me of the man we had helped who was on oxygen. He had tons of trees that had fallen in his yard. There is no way he could have done the work himself nor looked like he could afford to hire someone. I got his name and address to have the missionaries come and check on him later because he just looked so lonely and weak.
He was so grateful!
Most of the work our crew did was remove trees from people's yards.
The photo above was one of the last houses we helped. They had a huge tree that fell
down on their roof. Bit by bit, our guys used their chainsaws to get the tree off.
The homeowner (who was on crutches) was in tears by all the help she received
and in such a short amount of time.
I have to admit. I was pretty freaked out. It is always scary when you really don't know what to expect. It forces you to prepare for the worst. I was concerned about my aunt Joan
because she lives along the water in Palm Coast. I had invited her over and she ended up
bringing a few friends with her. We all got along very well.
Here we are playing Mexican Train.
Thankfully, we had no damage or power outages at my house.

After the hurricane was over, the church assembled groups to go out and help in the neighborhoods. It was a privilege to be part of Mormon Helping Hands.
The picture above reminds me of the man we had helped who was on oxygen. He had tons of trees that had fallen in his yard. There is no way he could have done the work himself nor looked like he could afford to hire someone. I got his name and address to have the missionaries come and check on him later because he just looked so lonely and weak.
He was so grateful!
Most of the work our crew did was remove trees from people's yards.
The photo above was one of the last houses we helped. They had a huge tree that fell
down on their roof. Bit by bit, our guys used their chainsaws to get the tree off.
The homeowner (who was on crutches) was in tears by all the help she received
and in such a short amount of time.








No comments:
Post a Comment