Thursday was the first day. Here is a couple of photos of the kids all excited and ready to go!
Taking the tunnelbana...
Once we got to school I wanted to take more pictures but I was getting the hint that my kids did not want me to. "Go away Mom so we can act cool!"
Jaxon and his classmate Caden (photo courtesy of Caden's mom!)
Caden is also from the United States and is a brand new student as well.
Aaron was out of town last week so he wanted to ride into the city this morning to take the kids to school.
Here is Jaxon in his classroom...
Jaxon sits in the front row. Good thing!
The kids in his grade do not have lockers but something sort of like it. Not sure what you would call it but its a place where he can hang his coat and keep all of his stuff during school. The kids are asked to wear their outdoor shoes to school and then change into their indoor shoes once they arrive. This will prove very helpful once the weather gets bad.
So how was the first day of school? Jaxon and Melynn both really liked it. Darby and Ashtyn struggled....Mom keeps hoping that everyday will get a little better. My heart goes out to not just my own children but to all of the "brand new kids" at the school. Darby has one classmate that is from Lithuania who does not know any english. Her mom told me today that she is having a really hard time. Just when you think you have it tough you are reminded that there are those who have it a lot tougher!





I am so proud of my grandchildren!!! Jaxon, I'm so happy you have new friends living so close. I really miss y'all, but it's wonderful to see pictures of you and read about the things you are doing. In no time you will all be loving school and have new Swedish best friends. Email me at youknowterry@msn.com I love you all. GrandmaT
ReplyDelete