We had a difficult time trying to find something that Melynn could be involved in. Previously, in California, she was really enjoying gymnastics. We were not very successful in finding her something similar to what she was used to before. Then, we tried cheerleading! It seemed a perfect fit for my tumbling queen who also loves dance. Well, to participate in cheerleading came at a price.....no skiing during season! Well, that made Melynn think long and hard and one of the things she is most excited about in being here is the skiing. So, she dropped out of that! Then one day Melynn asked about swimming lessons. There is an indoor pool not too far away and we did some investigating! We now have Melynn in a class that meets twice a week (perfect, not too much!) and every once in a while she can participate in a swim competition.
Here is a photo of Melynn getting ready to take off in one of her races.
She is in the last lane.
She is in the last lane.
Here is a photo of Mom and daughter in celebration of Melynn's win.
First place in her heat in Freestyle!
Melynn and I are on the same wave link. I went to the Surf and Swim today and bought a 20 day punch pass to do water aerobics and lap swimming. I want to get in shape for our summer vacation with all of you. So funny, I just saw those things that you put on your shoes to run in the snow. Miss y'all.
ReplyDelete