After my visit with mom, it was time to drive to Temecula to meet up with Ashtyn once again ( I drove in on a Monday). Wil and Karene had planned to run a half marathon in San Diego the day before I arrived in California so Ashtyn was waiting for me when I finally got into town. The part of the story that was
unplanned was that when Ashtyn flew in, two days before the race, she was feeling quite ill. Keri Nilsen drove to the airport to pick up A&W&C and dropped Wil off at the hotel and then took Ashtyn and Charles back to Temecula where she took care of Ashtyn and tended to the baby. This dear friend of mine stayed up all night with this newborn and made sure that Ashtyn got the rest she needed and the medicine she needed. Then repeated the whole routine again the next day. I drove up on Monday and at that point Ashtyn was starting to feel a little bit better.
I am so thankful to Keri!
The part that
was planned is that we got to keep Ashtyn and the baby with us for 2 weeks! Wil had to fly home for the week to work and then came back the following weekend for family events..see next two posts for that. Aaron and the kids finally got to Temecula on that Friday and it was so much fun to watch Aaron get out of the car, not even close the door or grab his luggage, walk straight into the house and grab his grandson and just stare at him for several minutes.
I think he might have even shed a tear :)
This is that moment.
Brittany was in town too so she got her fill of Charles also!
No comments:
Post a Comment