First, later in the day after the baby shower, Jaxon was playing with his buddy Carson. During that time Jaxon got into a serious skateboarding accident (wearing no helmet) and I had to take him to the ER. It was a very scary experience because Jaxon was in terrible condition and threw up in the car which is a very bad sign! Melynn kept talking to him and telling him not to fall asleep. He couldn't remember what had happened. I was a complete wreck as I drove as fast as I could to the hospital. I will never forget the determination I felt as I ran inside yelling at the staff to "Take my son NOW!!!" He then threw up twice more in the ER and I know that everyone was concerned for his safety. Fortunately, the scans all turned out normal and after much observation, including more observation at Children's Hospital in San Diego, Jaxon was released.
Second, Darby has been practicing a lot to pass her driving test. She got her permit last year and only had ONE CHANCE to pass this year because after her test she would be leaving for Peru and after she came back we would be in Utah and her permit would have expired. SO we made sure that she got one on one attention with a driving instructor for almost 7 straight days! Most of her lessons took place while we were staying in Temecula with her last two lessons in Carlsbad. She took her test in Oceanside and passed! I seriously started to cry when the examiner let me know. It was like a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders!!!
Yeah, Darby passed!
Darby took her test in Oceanside because at that point we were staying at a hotel in Carlsbad. We thought that this would be a good place to stay so that Aaron could be closer to work in Irvine and the kids and I could spend more time at the beach and with cousins. I, unfortunately, did not to enjoy the beach very much due to some dental work that needed to be done. I was just thrilled about it! NOT!
Thankfully, Carmen was very helpful in taking the kids and they
still got to have some fun beach/cousin time.
The photo above was taken by Gaby. I just love the expression on these kids faces.
Summers are supposed to be exactly like this!
Here are some more of the kids...
Jaxon did get to see his buddy, Ryan, while we were in Southern California as well.
One evening, we drove down to La Jolla to have dinner with
Taylor, Rachel and their new cute little addition, Evan.
At the end of this week, we decided to add more stress (temporarily) to our already hectic summer. We had a garage sale! After living outside the United States for 4 years, we realized that we had spent a small fortune on our storage unit and were keeping things that we probably would not want when we finally return. So we got together with Keri Nilsen and joined forces as she had a lot of stuff she wanted to get rid of herself. We sorted through our unit ahead of time and gave many things away before the garage sale even started. Aaron rented a truck for 24 hours and we loaded it up for the sale the next morning at Keri's. What a huge sense of accomplishment as we sold/gave away almost everything in that unit. Whatever wasn't sold at the end of the day was donated to the DI.
What a great feeling! I love to simplify!!!
We did keep a small size storage unit for our photo albums and family heirlooms.



No comments:
Post a Comment